Are you passionate about supporting people with disability to achieve their goals?
Social Futures is excited to be looking to add to our Local Area Coordination Team on the Central Coast. As a Local Area Coordinator, you will help change the face of your community by leading inclusive community capacity building projects, assisting people with disability meet access to the NDIS and providing information and linkages around supports to people with disability, carers, family and the community in general. Your ability to balance both supporting participants while building community capacity for greater inclusion for people with a disability makes this a varied and interesting position that supports participants to achieve their goals.
The ideal candidate will:
- Enjoy delivering exceptional customer service, providing relevant assistance and information in a timely manner;
- Be calm, composed, resilient and able to embrace and act on feedback with a positive attitude;
- Communicate effectively by listening, showing appropriate empathy and adapting your communication style to suit the situation;
- Be confident in a variety of computer software and equipment to quickly and accurately complete tasks under time pressure (often while multi-tasking);
- Work with speed and accuracy within established procedures; and
- Contribute positively to team culture and be able to adapt readily to changing needs in a fast-paced environment.
Social Futures is a voice for social change in regional Australia, helping to create connected, resilient communities. With more than 40 years’ industry experience, we are a community service leader, striving to create change through our work across homelessness and housing supports, youth and family services, sector advocacy and programs that promote genuine participation for people with disability. Social Futures currently serves more than 80% of regional New South Wales.
What Social Futures Offers:
- A responsive and family friendly workplace
- Access to banked hours leave
- Attractive salary packaging options
- Regular supervision and support
- Ongoing training and development
Social Futures is a voice for social change in regional Australia, helping to create connected, resilient communities. With more than 40 years’ industry experience, we are a community service leader, striving to create change through our work across homelessness and housing supports, youth and family services, sector advocacy and programs that promote genuine participation for people with disability.
Social Futures is an equal opportunity employer and will actively recruit our workforce from key communities; including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTIQ+ and people living with a disability, people with lived experience and people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
Social Futures is committed to prioritising the safety and well-being of children and upholds the National Child Safe Principles. Working with Children and National Police Check clearances are mandatory requirements for all staff.
Applications close 8:00am Monday 1 February 2021.
To access a position description, address the selection criteria and apply online, please visit our website:
Or click the "APPLY" button below if you have followed the online application link.
Please note applying directly through Seek.com will result in an incomplete application being submitted and unable to progress.
For further information, please contact Shayne Toussaint on 0466 006 454.