headspace is the National Youth Mental Health Foundation providing early intervention mental health services to young people aged 12 to 25. The service is designed to make it as easy as possible for a young person and their family to get the help they need for problems affecting their wellbeing.
headspace Tweed Heads led by Social Futures (https://socialfutures.org.au/) offers a multi-disciplinary model comprising a team of co-located services providing support to young people. We are seeking a professionally accredited General Practitioner to join our team. Working at headspace Tweed Heads offers health practitioners the opportunity to be part of an innovative service that is committed to improving the wellbeing of young people through the provision of high quality, integrated services when and where they are needed.
Skills and experience
• Demonstrated experience and passion working with young people (12-25yrs)
• Strong clinical skills
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Motivated and inspired to make a difference
Pre-employment compliance requirement
• Current APHRA registration
• Medicare provider number and ABN
• Professional indemnity insurance
• Evidence of working rights in Australia and relevant medical registrations
• A National Police Clearance and Working With Children/Working with Vulnerable People Check (or willingness to obtain one before commencement)
Why join our headspace team?
• Flexible working arrangements
• Work within a dedicated and supportive multi-disciplinary team
• Access appointment management, bulk billing and practice management support that enables the General Practitioner to focus on delivering high quality medical services to young people
• Guaranteed client case load
• A fully equipped modern clinic
• An opportunity to improve the lives of young people
• Direct referral pathways into onsite co-located providers, including Psychologists, Mental Health Social Worker, Sexual Health, Drug and Alcohol counsellors,
Occupational Therapists and vocational consultants.
In return for bulk-billing, headspace Tweed Heads offers administrative support including, appointment bookings and reminders, comfortable youth-friendly counselling rooms, an ongoing base of referrals, and a fantastic work-environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via our website https://careers.socialfutures.org.au/
or send your resume and a one page cover letter outlining your skills and experience to:
For more information contact:
Name: Jo Kemp (Program Manager)
Phone: (07) 5589 8700
Email: [email protected]