Social Futures is a voice for social change in regional Australia, helping to create connected, resilient communities. With more than 40 years’ industry experience, we are a community service leader, striving to create change through our work across homelessness and housing supports, youth and family services, sector advocacy and programs that promote genuine participation for people with disability. Social Futures currently serves more than 80% of regional New South Wales.
What Social Futures Offers:
- A flexible and friendly workplace
- Regular supervision with access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing training and support
Purpose of the Position
Are you passionate about making your community a more inclusive place for people with disability?
Social Futures is currently looking to add a new member to our Participant Experience Team. This will be a phone based role in which the successful candidate will act as the first point of contact for participants, customers and community members.
The ideal candidate will:
- Enjoy delivering exceptional customer service, providing relevant assistance and information to callers in a timely manner;
- Be calm, composed, resilient and able to embrace and act on feedback with a positive attitude;
- Communicate effectively by listening, showing appropriate empathy and adapting your communication style to suit the situation (including accommodating callers with different access needs);
- Be able to use computer software and equipment to quickly and accurately complete tasks under time pressure (often while multi-tasking);
- Work with speed and accuracy within established procedures (including typing quickly and accurately); and
- Contribute positively to team culture and be able to adapt readily to changing needs in a fast-paced environment.
Experience and/or knowledge of disabilities, inclusion and access, along with 2-3 years of previous experience in a customer service or inbound call-taking role would be highly regarded.
If successful, you will be provided an in-depth, comprehensive new starter training program.
Social Futures is an equal opportunity employer, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply. People with lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply.
Applications close 4:00pm Monday, 13 April 2020.
To access a position description, review and address the selection criteria and apply online, please visit our website:
Click the green APPLY Button Below if you have accessed our website.
Please note applying directly through Seek.com will result in an incomplete application, not addressing the selection criteria.
For further information, please contact Christina Casey on 0439 531 171.