Social Futures is a voice for social change in regional Australia, helping to create connected, resilient communities. With more than 40 years’ industry experience, we are a community service leader, striving to create change through our work across homelessness and housing supports, youth and family services, sector advocacy and programs that promote genuine participation for people with disability. Social Futures currently serves more than 80% of regional New South Wales.
Purpose of Position
An exciting opportunity to join a diverse team of professionals dedicated to helping young people has opened at our headspace, Tweed Heads Centre!
headspace, the National Youth Mental Health Foundation Ltd, is an Australian government funded, not-for profit organisation committed to improving the lives of young people aged 12-25 years.
All headspace centres are youth friendly environments that allow young people to access low-cost or free services, for a wide range of health and well-being challenges. The services offered by headspace are provided by a variety of professionals working in each centre, including:
- Youth Workers;
- Allied Mental Health Workers;
- General Practitioners; and
headspace is an early intervention service, so high prevalence disorders including anxiety and depression form the majority of presentations. In addition to mental health, General Practitioners are encouraged and supported in engaging young people in conversations around sexual health, substance abuse and other psychological health problems, as well as preventative health care.
Working at a headspace centre gives a General Practitioner the opportunity to:
- Improve the lives of young people;
- Access flexible working arrangements;
- Provide a full range of health services, with an emphasis on managing mental health issues;
- Be part of a supportive, multidisciplinary team;
- Develop confidence and increased skills in working with young people
- Access appointment management, bulk billing and practice management support that enable the General Practitioner to focus on delivering high quality medical services to young people;
- Access to onsite Private Allied Health Professional who provide Psychological Services under Medicare and connect to well being; and
- Direct referral pathways into on site co-located providers, including Psychiatrists, Mental Health Social Worker, Sexual Health, Drug and Alcohol counsellors, Allied Health Practitioners and vocational consultants.
Social Futures is an equal opportunity employer, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply. People with lived experience of disability are encouraged to apply.
To apply online, please visit our website:
Click the green APPLY Button Below if you have accessed our website.
Please note applying directly through Seek.com will result in an incomplete application, not addressing the selection criteria.
For further information, please contact Michele Laurie on 0427 379 105 or Jackie Scales 07 5589 8700