Social Futures is a voice for social change in regional Australia, helping to create connected, resilient communities. With more than 40 years’ industry experience, we are a community service leader, striving to create change through our work across homelessness and housing supports, youth and family services, sector advocacy and programs that promote genuine participation for people with disability. Social Futures currently serves more than 80% of regional New South Wales.
We welcome applicants from all walks of life to our diverse and inclusive workplace.
Social Futures is proud to be a White Ribbon accredited workplace and is committed to ensuring we have a safe and respectful workplace for all. We acknowledge that all people can be victims of violence and that all violence is unacceptable. The White Ribbon Committee is focused on addressing men’s violence towards women because of the underlying power inequality and sexism that sustains gender.
Purpose of the Position
This position – Family Referral Worker, Far North Coast Family Referral Service– will have a key role in delivery of high quality services to families, children, young people and community services across the region. A key focus will involve working as a team and actively engaging, collaborating and partnering with clients and other service providers to optimise outcomes for families, children and young people. Specifically, the role is charged with:
- Providing intake, assessment, support, outreach and referral services to families with children and young people in the Far North Coast of NSW
- Working within a case coordination framework with vulnerable families, children and young people including families with identified child protection concerns, both face to face and by phone.
- Ensuring a high standard of service delivery for clients and other services
- Actively engaging, collaborating and partnering with clients, other community organisations, government, and other service providers to optimise outcomes for families, children and young people.
- Delivering service promotion activities to a range of service providers both NGO’s & government agencies.
- Participating and delivering community development projects.
Applications close 10 am Monday 25th March, 2019
To access a position description, address the selection criteria and apply, please visit our website:
Or click APPLY below if you have followed the online application link:
Please note: applying directly through Seek.com will result in an incomplete application, not addressing the selection criteria.
For further information, please contact Fiona Halligan - 0427 203 536